Welcome to the Frontpage
About St. Anthony's

This school was started in 1940 as St. Jupraysia’s school by Rt.Rev. Mason (OMI) to educate  the  children  through  the  religious  values, which  helps  to  up bring  them  to  be  the  holistic  children  in  the  Kollupitiya  parish.

main-pic1

This school was started in 1940 as St. Jupraysia’s school by Rt.Rev. Mason (OMI) to educate  the  children  through  the  religious  values, which  helps  to  up bring  them  to  be  the  holistic  children  in  the  Kollupitiya  parish.

Then  it  was  handed  over  to  Rev. Sr. Francis  Xavier, with  only  seven  children and  three  teachers  in  it. Gradually  the  number  was  increased  and  the  school  was  registered  in  1946,  Oct  01st  as  St. Anthony’s  Catholic  Primary  School and  it  was  open  for  all  three  media. In  1947  Jan  01st it  was  transferred  to  Potholes  Carmel  Mission. By  1950  number  increased  upto  270  and  most  of  the  students  came  from  lower  middle  class and  poor  families  in  the  Kollupitiya  area.